The Bayonne Chamber of Commerce is Partnering with The City of Bayonne, and the U.E.Z. in hosting the ?1st Annual Chili Cook Off Competition?
This precedent event will bring our Chamber members, the citizens of Bayonne, and friends together for an evening of healthy competition. It's going to be a night of fun, laughter, and lots of mingling.
Kick off your boots country style and enjoy participating in the tasting and judging the various chili offerings. Your support is valuable to us and is vital for keeping our organization a vibrant part of the Bayonne Community.
CHILI COOK-OFF RULES
This is a City of Bayonne, U.E.Z. and Bayonne Chamber of Commerce Event which is guaranteed to be a fun time with great exposure during this busy time for your restaurant, organization, or a certified individual entrant in the competition. The winners walk away with the bragging rights as our inaugural City's Chili Champs!
Set-up must be completed and ready to serve chili by 5:30pm and teardown must be completed by 10:45p.m. We will have a designated "Chili Official" to direct you to your designated area.
1. This is an event open to the public.
2. This is a fun cook-off and there are no rules for the definition of "Chili" and its contents ? anything goes!
3. We do ask that you maintain a core cooking temperature of 155 degrees and serving temperature of 135 degrees. You must provide your own thermometer to be checked throughout the competition.
4. You must wear gloves and several utensils to change to prevent cross contamination. All equipment, food, and supplies stored must be at least 6 inches off the ground.
5. USDA approved sources of meat required and no more than 4 team members. Each contestant must provide, display and dispense a minimum of five gallons of chili (250 people expected).
6. Please label the temperature of your chili, i.e? Mild, Medium, Hot, or Atomic. For health risks to some individuals.
7. The chili must be made prior to the event at a legal business kitchen, establishment, or restaurant that day. No home cooking what so ever, you will be dis-qualified.
8. Contestants are responsible for supplying warming dished, utensils, foods, spices, decorations, etc. Electricity will not be available for crock-pots. A restaurant size table will be provided for each contestant to display their chili. The Chamber of Commerce will also provide tasting cups and spoons for each contestant to serve.
9. Themes, costumes, and decorations are encouraged and rewarded!
10. Judging will take place by the public. The provider of the best tasting chili, as determined by the judges, will be awarded first, second, and third prizes and free publicity (awards to be announced at event).
11. As a trade-off for your efforts and chili, the City of Bayonne, UEZ and Chamber of Commerce will provide as much free social media advertising of the restaurants, organizations and individuals as possible, to create excitement and traffic flow. Live entertainment and Line Dancing will also be provided during the cook-off.
12. If you also wish to be a ?Sponsor? for the Event, you will need to apply with the Bayonne Chamber of Commerce. Please go to: www.bayonnechamber.org/events for more details. All sponsors will be required to sign the appropriate ?Sponsorship Application/Form.?
13. For reservations to be a contestant, please submit the enclosed ?Chili Cook-off Application? with the City of Bayonne, UEZ. www.bayonnenj.org It is FREE to sign up! To secure your spot in the cook-off, have your application ready on or before December 31st , 2017.
14. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us?
The Bayonne Chamber of Commerce, Tracy D'Alessandro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or The City Of Bayonne, UEZ DeeDee Bottino, email@example.com
Please note? There are a limited number of spots open, so apply early.
***All applications must be received by December 31st, 2017***
The sooner you commit, the more social media publicity you'll get out of it.